Dublin Garden Squares Day - 27th August 2011
Dublin Civic Trust is delighted to announce details of the second Dublin Garden Squares Day to take place on Saturday 27th August. A series of free events will be held in each of the five Georgian Squares - St. Stephen's Green, Merrion and Fitzwilliam Squares on the south side of the river, and Parnell and Mountjoy Squares on the north side. Events are suitable for all the family and are intended to encourage Dubliners to visit these beautiful parks and interact with their history and built and natural heritage.
Among the highlights this year are:
- Historical walking tours of each square
- Argentine Tango in St. Stephen's Green
- Watercolour classes in Fitzwilliam Square and a rare chance to access this private garden in the heart of the city centre
- Gaelic games and archery in Mountjoy Square
- A mini performance of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream at Mountjoy Square
- Music, food, balloon-making and lots more
A full programme of events can be found here click to download. Visitors are encouraged to walk or use dublinbikes to travel between squares.
The programme is made possible by the kind assistance of our sponsors - Electricity Supply Board, Gaelic Athletic Association, OPW and Dublin City Council - and surrounding institutions.